What’s the difference between CREW Network membership and Edmonton CREW membership?
Edmonton CREW is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of Edmonton CREW is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 70+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 10,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of Edmonton CREW reflect those of CREW Network, Edmonton CREW has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. Edmonton CREW uses the CREW Network Qualified Fields of Commercial Real Estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
Edmonton CREW typically holds four luncheon and schmoozes per year, and periodically hosts additional professional development/networking events. We encourage members to get involved on a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of Edmonton CREW membership?
- creates revenue opportunities for its members
- delivers national/global perspective of commercial real estate
- members attain and/or enhance their professional expertise
- leverages relationships among like-minded industry leaders
- provides access to senior level professional women in commercial real estate to assist with any part of a real estate transaction
- creates opportunities to obtain and provide mentorship
- recognizes and promotes member achievements
- provides superior education and networking opportunities to its members
As an Edmonton CREW member, you also have access to all CREW Network benefits:
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 10,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace
- Discounted registration to the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
- Complimentary copy of all CREW Network industry research benchmark studies and white papers
- Access to hundreds of industry job postings and career assistance through the CREW Network Career Center
What are the requirements to join? How much does membership cost?
1. The individual must have at least five (5) years full-time experience (Full and Affiliate Membership), least two (2) years experience (Associate Membership) in a commercial real estate category;
2. The individual must be currently involved in a full-time professional position in one or more commercial real estate categories;
3. The individual must maintain the highest of professional and ethical standards; and
4. To maintain membership, the individual’s CREW Edmonton membership account must be in good standing.
Full Member: means an individual who has at least five years of experience in a Commercial Real Estate field, is currently involved in a substantially full-time position in one or more Commercial Real Estate fields, and demonstrates support of women in Commercial Real Estate.
Fee: $446.25 Dollars ($425.00 + 5% GST)
Associate Member: means an individual who has at least two years of experience in a Commercial Real Estate field, is currently involved in a substantially full-time professional position the primary responsibilities of which are in in one or more Commercial Real Estate fields, and demonstrates support of women in Commercial Real Estate.
Fee: $446.25 Dollars ($425.00 + 5% GST)
Civic Member: means an individual who is currently involved in local or regional government, other public agencies, universities or other educational institutions or not-for-profit organizations and demonstrates support of women in Commercial Real Estate.
Fee: $225.75 Dollars ($215.00 + 5% GST)
Affiliate Member: means an individual who does not qualify for Full Member status, but whose admission furthers the purpose of the CREW and benefits its members. An Affiliate Member ust have 5 or more years of experience (in a field related to Commercial Real Estate), must demonstrate support of women in Commercial Real Estate and be employed full time in a position, the primary professional responsibilities of which relate to, benefit or support Commercial Real Estate and supplies a service or physical product related to Commercial Real Estate. Affiliate Member applicants from companies that primarily contract as subcontractors for construction activities (i.e., mechanical, electrical, roofing), installation or maintenance will be considered Affiliates except when the applicant has a professional license. Preference will be given to female applicants for membership as Affiliate Members.
Fee: $519.75 ($495 + 5% GST)
Retired Member: means an individual who was previously a Member but is no longer working full time.
Fee: : $225.75 Dollars ($215.00 + 5% GST)
What is the application process?
Mandatory Requirements for application to be reviewed and processed:
1. Completed Application form.
2. Please attach one (1) letter of reference from an individual with whom you have had business dealings within the commercial real estate industry. The reference letter should confirm your professional responsibilities and the number of years of experience you have in the commercial real estate industry; (a member of the Edmonton CREW membership committee reserves the right to contact your reference)
3. Your current, up-to-date resume or biography;
4. Contact information for your current employer to verify current roles and responsibilities;
5. A cheque made out to Edmonton CREW Association. Payment will not be processed until you have been approved as a member.
Where do I send my check?
PO BOX 47023
Edmonton, AB T5J 4N1
Can I pay by credit card?
Yes, please contact our Chapter Administrator at email@example.com to pay by credit card.