Limited tickets remaining!
Edmonton CREW has been blown away by the interest in the Kelowna Retreat. As a result, we have added 10 new spaces for the event for a total of 60 attendees! New spaces have been offered first to anyone that was on the waiting list, and the remaining spots are being made available on Eventbrite.
If you are interested in attending but are not yet registered, please sign up for the waitlist, and tickets (if any are or become available) will be released in turn. For anyone on the waitlist, please watch your emails for an invitation to purchase a ticket.
For those who have registered – we look forward to seeing you in Kelowna. Please note:
- Please note that the links for the hotel reservations can be found at the bottom of the ticket confirmation email from Eventbrite.
- If you want to book a flight on WestJet, we have a convention code: Go to www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online, and enter Coupon Code: 0H0H9PG
- Dine around and excursion information will be sent by separate email in the next couple of weeks
Edmonton CREW is pleased to invite its Members for its exclusive retreat to be hosted at the beautiful Hotel Eldorado in Kelowna! With plenty of networking opportunities, development workshops, keynote speakers, and location-specific education opportunities this is one event you will not want to miss.
The retreat will be capped at 50 attendees and is only open to Edmonton CREW members.
Registration: $250 per person, which includes 1.5 full days of programming and activities (does not include accommodation, transportation to and from the retreat, and meals other than those noted in the schedule)
Schedule at a Glance
- Thursday, June 1, 2022:
- 1:30-2:00: Registration
- 2:00-2:15: Welcome / Land Acknowledgment / Edmonton CREW presentation
- 2:15-2:45: Presentation by Sky McLean – Her Success Story – Basecamp Resort
- 2:45-3:00: Introduction of Linda Edgecombe
- 3:00-4:45: Interactive Session: Meet the expert networking event
- 6:30: departures for dine arounds
- 7:00ish-late: dine arounds (optional – cost split among dinner party)
- Friday, June 2, 2022:
- 6:30-7:30: Netwalk (optional)
- 8:30-9:15: Breakfast
- 9:15-10:30 Workshop: Linda Edgecombe - Re-set, Re-energize and Re-invent Leading with Energy and Engagement in Challenging Times
- 10:30-10:45: Break
- 10:45-12:00: Workshop con’t
- 12:00-1:30: Group photo and lunch
- 1:30-3:00: Workshop con’t
- 4:30-5:00: Travel to Yacht Club
- 5:00-6:00: Networking / Cocktails
- 6:00-8:00: Wrap-up Banquet
- 8:00: optional transport back – (or stay downtown)
- Saturday, June 3, 2022: Optional excursions
Eldorado Resort, 3762 Lakeshore Road, Kelowna, BC (View Map)
Most of our programming will take place at the Eldorado Resort.
Edmonton CREW has a room block for hotel rooms at the Hotel Eldorado and adjoining Manteo Waterfront Hotel. Attendees will be able to book rooms for the following rates:
|Hotel Eldorado at Eldorado Resort: Room Type
|Heritage Standard, Queen
|Arms Stanndard, Queen
|Arms Standard, 2 Queen
|Arms Deluxe, King
|Arms Deluxe, 2 Queen
|Luxury Lakeview Suite
|Manteo at Eldorado Resort: Room Type
|Deluxe Guest Room
|Deluxe Guestroom, Lakeside
|One Bedroom Suite
|Two Bedrom Villa, Gardenside
|Two Bedroom Villa, Beachfront
|Three Bedroom Villa, Gardenside
Please wait to book your hotel until after registration opens. Following registration for the event, each participant will receive information about booking as part of our group’s hotel block.
When you register for the event, one of the registration questions will ask if you are interested in sharing a room. For those interested in sharing a room with other attendees, indicate your preference, and subsequently you will receive a list of other attendees with the same preferences.
If you're looking to book a flight to Kelowna, we have a convention discount code from Westjet. Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online.
Coupon Code: 0H0H9PG
- The booking is to be made to the following city: Kelowna
- The travel period begins: 5/25/2023
- The travel period ends: 6/10/2023
- No discount will apply to Basic or Business class bookings.
About the Speakers
Linda Edgecombe | www.lindaedgecombe.com
Linda is a Resiliency Expert, Motivational coach and a Proud Disruptor of the Status Quo. Linda is an internationally renowned, award-winning speaker. She was just included in the Top 60 Motivational Speakers in the World by hunger2succeed resources. In 2012 she was inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame. Linda is a mother of two and wife of one. Featured in the Wall Street Journal as an Expert in Shifting Peoples Perspectives on their work and home life. Most recently, she took her own advice and ventured out on a solo trip across 800kms in Northern Spain which led her to write her latest book “Breaking Busy – Finding Peace in the Chaos”. Linda has also presented a Tedx event about change resiliency. Linda's message is as welcome as a good belly laugh and as profound as an honest look in the mirror. Get ready to BE Energized!
Linda will be leading a workshop on Friday called Re-set, Re-energize and Re-invent Leading with Energy and Engagement in Challenging Times. This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Leading with Curiosity, Accountability and Positivity - How to create a Success-Full Mindset, even in difficult times
- The Resilience Essentials - An assessment tool for focus and motivation
- Change, what’s really getting in the way of you moving forward? - Dealing with ambiguity and the “in between.” The Rollercoaster Ride that is life these days
- The Clarity Planning tool - Simple steps to clarity and vision. We all need more clarity to truly make changes
- Strategic Practices and Processes - How highly successful Intentional people start and end each day
- The Resilient Leaders Tool Kit - 6 essentials to Re-set, Re-energize and Re-invent (The Science and Research behind Successful Cultures)
- Where to start when you are in a state of Overwhelm - The simple steps to move forward in Crazy Times
Linda will also facilitate our networking event on Thursday.
Sky is a Canadian entrepreneur in the hospitality space that has built a successful empire with her company Basecamp Resorts, a business that provides modern boutique hotels in locations across Alberta and British Columbia. After receiving her MBA in real estate from the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, Sky moved to Calgary, Alberta to work with a local developer. While there, Sky became interested in the Airbnb business model and managed to secure a bank loan to open her first mountain hotel property. Since then, Sky and her team have managed to turn Basecamp Resorts into Western Canada’s fastest growing hospitality brand. Currently, Basecamp Resorts runs seven modern mountain boutique hotel properties and Sky plans to open six more locations over the next three years.
Sky will be our keynote speaker on Thursday afternoon.
Friday Evening Banquet
Our retreat concludes with a dinner at the Kelowna Yacht Club. This wrap-up banquet will take place in gorgeous surroundings.
- Optional small group-dine around on Thursday evening
- Sign up to dine at a local restaurant with a small group of Edmonton CREW members. Note: the cost for dinner is split among the dining party.
- Optional small-group excursions on Saturday
- Extend your stay in Kelowna, and spend Saturday with your Edmonton CREW friends participating in one of these excursions:
- Wine tour
- Nature Hike
- Note: each attendee is responsible for the costs of their excursions.
In the event of lock-downs or other unforeseen circumstances, Edmonton CREW reserves the right to cancel this event or reschedule the date. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling, any registration fees can be refunded.
- All requests for cancellations are subject to a $25 administrative fee and must be submitted to Edmonton CREW Network in writing by March 31, 2023. No refunds will be issued after March 31, 2022. Please send requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Substitutions are allowed. Registrations are transferrable to another Edmonton CREW member. Please notify us of any substitutions. If you’d like to see if there’s anyone on the waiting list for this event, please request that information via email to email@example.com.
- Excursion costs are non-refundable, but may be transferred.
Attendee List and Photography Policy
By registering for this event, you are giving Edmonton CREW permission to include your name and employer on attendee lists. In addition, by virtue of attending the event, Edmonton CREW has permission to use any photos, videos, or images captured onsite for future promotional purposes.