A three-part, in-depth executive DEI training series designed for CREW Network
CREW Network is the leading voice for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in commercial real estate. This training program, designed exclusively for CREW Network, builds upon our foundational DEI education and introduces a holistic leadership model for companies and chapters to create the culture required to retain talent and ensure employee and member engagement and connection.
This three-part series will present the three components necessary for a holistic approach to inclusive and culturally effective leadership:
- Embracing new information and data and leveraging analytical and intellectual skills;
- Utilizing internal reflection and exploration, leveraging courage, vulnerability, and empathy; and
- Driving sustainable change, leveraging planning and defined action steps.
You will also learn the skills required of highly inclusive leaders to accomplish DEI objectives:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Courage - speaking up, challenging the status quo and being humble about your strengths and weaknesses
- Cognizance of bias – mindfulness of personal and organizational blind spots and self-regulation to ensure fair play
- Curiosity – an open mindset, a desire to understand how others view and experience the works and a tolerance for ambiguity
- Cultural Intelligence – confidence and effectiveness in cross-cultural interactions
- Collaboration – empowering individuals and leveraging the thinking of diverse groups
Session 1: The Importance of Inclusion and Belonging
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
Explore the importance of belonging and inclusion, and how to create a culture where people feel that they are a valued part of your team and organization. You will leave this session with a definition of inclusion, identify inclusive behaviors and define and examine the importance of trust, belonging and psychological safety in the workplace.
Session 2: Retaining and Engaging Talent
Wednesday, November 9, 2022 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CST
You’ve worked hard to attract and recruit that new hire. Now how are you going to keep and engage them so that they can deliver their best work for your chapter, team and organization? This session will focus on belonging, psychological safety and how it connects to talent retention and engagement. We will explore what emerging talent looks for in the workplace, and examine the connection between inclusive leadership, belonging and psychological safety. Learn key strategies to increase awareness of the need for psychological safety to support talent retention, engagement and innovation.
Session 3: Operationalizing DEI & Measure Progress
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 | 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CST
You’ve launched your DEI initiative and now the focus shifts to establishing actionable goals, objectives and metrics. This is a necessary part of the process and an important step towards integrating DEI into your business and talent practices. This session will focus on setting goals and establishing quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure progress against those goals. You will learn how to define ways to measure DEI and determine how to integrate DEI into business and talent practices. You will leave this session with strategies to develop goals, objectives and systems of measurement to identify success, progress and areas in need of improvement.
- $250 USD - includes all three sessions in the series, the video recordings and training materials
- Registration closes at midnight (Central) on October 10, 2022.
- An email to access the webinar will be sent to all registrants prior to each session.
- All registrants will receive a link to the recording following the webinar.