Registration Opens January 18th
Edmonton CREW is planning its first-ever retreat to be hosted at the beautiful Hotel Eldorado in Kelowna! With plenty of networking opportunities, development workshops, keynote speakers, and location-specific education opportunities this is one event you will not want to miss. The retreat will be capped at 40 attendees and is only open to Edmonton CREW members.
Dates: June 2-3, 2022
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Registration Fee: $250 per person, which includes 1.5 full days of programming and activities (does not include accommodation, transportation to and from the retreat, and meals other than those noted in the schedule)
Registration: Registration will open in January 18th, at 11 AM
Schedule at a Glance
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Friday, June 3, 2022
- 1:30: Registration Opens
- 1:30-3:30: Welcome Reception & Networking
- 3:30-5:00: interactive session: Can Time Really be Managed? From Myths to Solutions for Time and Work-Life Balance (Bailey Sousa and & Alex Clark)
- 6:00 - Late: Dine Arounds (Optional- Cost Split Among Dinner Party.
Saturday, June 4, 2022
- 8:30-9:00: Breakfast
- 9:00-10:30: Workshop: The Secret to Success You Didn't Know You needed: A Growth Mindset (Bailey Sousa & Alex Clark)
- 10:30-10:45: Break
- 10:45-12:00: Workshop Con't
- 12:00-2:00: Working Lunch with Lunch Presentation: Using Your Emotional Intelligence to Effectively Lead (Angela Pomeroy)
- 2:15-3:45: Bus to Fitzpatrick - Networking Activity on Bus
- 4:00-5:00 Fitzpatrick Wine Tour & Tasting
- 5:00-8:00 Dinner
- 8:30-9:30 Transport Back
Bailey Sousa and Alex Clark
Bailey Sousa and Alex Clark have helped people, teams, and executives from corporate, government, and educational sectors realize their growth potential in over 150 workshops worldwide through their consultancy company. Authors of the internationally critically-acclaimed book on happiness and fulfilment “How to be a Happy Academic”—their writing is frequently featured well-known newspapers, magazines and journals. They consult globally on their passions of teams, workplace, and personal effectiveness and success, failure, and growth mindsets.
Bailey is on secondment to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Government of Alberta from the University of Alberta. She is a lifelong entrepreneur, with ventures across Canada, and was recognized as Edmonton’s Avenue Magazine’s ‘Top 40 Under 40’ for her contributions in her work and to her city. Alex is a complexity researcher and university administrator as Dean, Health Disciplines, Athabasca University; he is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader / Young Scientist.
Alex and Bailey will be leading the following sessions:
Thursday afternoon Interactive Session: Can Time Really be Managed? From Myths to Solutions for Time and Work-Life Balance
Time management has been en vogue for decades, but often what we think and been told about time and its management is wrong and damaging. Join us in this interactive opening session to consider how to view and use time best, address the elusive “work-life balance” and be more fulfilled in your life and your work. We will explore common myths about time and learn how to better set and manage priorities in a fast-passed and ever-changing reality. Come to set the strongest foundation for using your most precious and finite resource well.
Friday morning Workshop: The Secret to Success You Didn't Know You Needed: A Growth Mindset
While most of us say we value growth, we are often stuck in a fixed mindset—focused on past achievement, our own deep need for success, and the next big win. Unfortunately, this actually reduces your capacity to succeed, take real risks, and find deep motivation.
Join us to explore how to grow your growth mindset to bring true courage to your work, persist when the going gets tough, and repurpose failure for improvement. In this participatory session, we will explore what fixed and growth mindsets are and why they matter so much in determining perceptions, actions, success, and wellbeing. We’ll explore the nature of your own dominant mindsets in different situations, and learn specific strategies that you can apply now to achieve sustained success for yourself, your team, and workplace- and truly unlock the potential of you and your team.
Angela Pomeroy, M.Ed
Angela is a leadership consultant, instructor, trainer and coach. She is passionate about helping others realize their potential and am excited share insights using EQi 2.0 and EQ 360. Angela is EQ-I 2.0 certified. She is also an instructor at Okanagan College focusing on leadership and advanced leadership.
Angela will be leading the following session:
Friday Lunch Session: Using Your Emotional Intelligence to Effectively Lead
In this dynamic and interesting session you will discover what emotional intelligence is, gain insight into your personal emotional intelligence strength and how you may leverage strengths to bolster your effectiveness as a leader
Friday Afternoon Programming
Our retreat concludes with a winery tour and wine tasting Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards followed by dinner at 19 Bistro.
Fitzpatrick Family Vineyard’s specializes in cool climate BC wine from a one-of-a-kind terroir. They create traditional method sparkling wine with the patience it deserves. 19 Bistro @ Fitz pairs these wonderful wines with delicious dishes utilizing fresh and local ingredients that capture a truly Okanagan dining experience. Much like the naturally created effervescence of their wines, the team of knowledgeable staff at Fitzpatrick will offer us a warm reception to end our retreat.
Optional Small Group-Excursions on Saturday
Extend your stay in Kelowna, and spend Saturday with your Edmonton CREW friends participating in one of these excursions.
- Rip N' Sip – an ebike and wine tour. This excursion features tastings at 2 wineries and ebike tour, with option for guests to purchase pizza lunch at end at Upside Cider. (Cost is approximately $189 per Person plus tax & gratuity, and includes ebike fees, along with pick up and drop off at the Eldorado resort included). Approximate time: 8:30am-1:30pm Plus Pick Up & Drop Off. (Maximum 12ppl)
- Sip N' Cruise – a wine tour and pontoon boat cruise. This excursion features tasting at 3 wineries, along with 1 hour boat cruise at the end. (Cost is approximately $219 per Person plus tax & gratuity, and includes pick up and drop off at the Eldorado Manteo resort). Approximate time: 11:30am-6:30pm Plus Pick Up & Drop Off. (Maximum 11ppl)
- Get Your Sip Together – a Beer, Wine, Spirit, and Cider Tour. This excursion features tastings at 4 venues (1 brewery, 1 winery, 1 distillery, 1 cidery) on either Westside Wine Trail or East Kelowna Wine Trail. (Cost is approximately $139 per Person plus tax & gratuity, and includes pick up and drop off at the Eldorado Manteo resort). Approximate time: 2:30pm-6:30pm Plus Pick Up & Drop Off.
Watch for an email invitation to sign up for the excursions. Note: each attendee is responsible to pay for their excursion at the time they sign up. There will be no refunds, but excursions can be transferred.
*Please wait to book your hotel until after registration opens. Following registration for the event, each participant will receive information about booking as part of our group’s hotel block*
Learn More & Register